CELLTRUST AGAIN ACKNOWLEDGED IN THREE 2020 GARTNER HYPE CYCLE REPORTS
CellTrust was again recognized this year as a Sample Vendor for Secure Instant Communications in three recent Gartner Hype Cycle Reports: Hype Cycle for Privacy, 2020(1). Hype Cycle for Data Security, 2020(2); the Hype Cycle for Endpoint Security, 2020(3).
Gartner’s definition of Secure Instant Communications is: “Secure instant communications provide confidentiality and data retention for instant messaging, text messaging, voice and video communications. These communications take place between endpoint and mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, or personal computers.”
According to the report, the Business Impact of Secure Instant Communications is:
“Secure instant communications solutions protect organizations against:
- Leaks of sensitive information from messages, which can cause reputational damage to enterprises
- Interception of communications due to industrial espionage and/or hacktivism
- Noncompliance with regulatory requirements which can lead to ”
“Secure Instant Communications are critical for enterprises working with sensitive data, and, or within highly regulated industries,” said Sean Moshir, CellTrust Chairman and CEO. “Risk levels regarding Privacy Management, Data Loss Prevention and Data Security are at an all-time high given the steady increase in cyber-crime and remote work.”
(1) Gartner, Inc., Hype Cycle for Privacy, 2020, by Bernard Woo, Bart Willemsen, July 23, 2020
(2) Gartner, Inc., Hype Cycle for Data Security, 2020, by Brian Lowans, July 24, 2020
(3) Gartner, Inc., Hype Cycle for Endpoint Security, 2020, by Dionisio Zumerle, Rob Smith, July 15, 2020
Gartner Disclaimer Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.