Senior Linux System Administrator with MYSQL Experience, Code: #CT157
- Lead LINUX System Administration team (CentOs and RedHat)
- Lead DevOps team (shell scripting, Perl, PHP)
- Lead Database Operations team (MySQL and MS SQL Server)
- Lead Network Operations Center (Nagios)
- Understand configuration and patch management (Puppet, yum)
- In charge of hardware security enforcement (OSSEC)
- Create, document, and enforce all systems policies and procedures
- Supports implementation, deployment, and configuration of in-house developed applications
- Understand and extend virtualized environments (Xen and Hyper-V)
- Provide customer technical escalation support
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Research and correct problems identified
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years commercial experience in IT systems
- Strong infrastructure background
- Working knowledge of CentOS, MySQL, MS SQL Server, bash, Puppet, Nagios, and OSSEC
- Working knowledge of MVC
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure best practices
- Good understanding of the key systems architecture consideration
- Familiarity with database driven applications
- Comfortable level of coding PHP with and without frameworks
- Experience with Linux shell
- Working knowledge of VM setup, backup, and configuration
- Implement scalable solutions to meet the service levels associated with large volumes of users or records to be processed.
- High comfort level deploying and maintaining solutions
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years’ experience or master’s degree plus 3 years’ experience (Required)
- Experienced working in an agile environment and within a small team
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to delegate work effectively
- Ability to meet all deadlines
- Attention to detail and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- The ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- A strong work ethic, expressed through the willingness and ability to acquire new skills, multitask, and take on projects outside immediate areas of expertise
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time. (Required)
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
The qualifications identified as “Required” above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CellTrust offers the following Benefits:
- Health Insurance coverage will be according to the CellTrust employee plan
- Eligibility for stock options under the CellTrust 2011 Equity Incentive plan
- 15 days of PTO will accrue for your use over the course of your employment year
- Six (6) paid Company Holidays
Please note: All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a pre-employment background check.
Job Description subject to change at any time
It is the policy of CellTrust not to discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, age, gender, political or sexual orientation, military service, pregnancy, disability, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, testing, hiring, promotion or demotion, transfer, layoff, and termination.
Email HR about this position.
Please attach resume.