CellTrust SecureSMS® Flash Memory Card Installation Instruction
SecureSMS comes pre-loaded on a variety of flash memory or SD cards.
If the handset supports flash memory, this is an easy option to transfer the required installation files onto the handset. The mobile user initiates the process by placing the flash memory in the handset and running the installation program.
The first step for installing SecureSMS via a flash memory card requires copying the appropriate installation files for your phone onto the flash memory card. You may also request a flash memory card from CellTrust pre-loaded for this purpose.
If you request a flash memory card from CellTrust, be prepared to provide your carrier, handset manufacturer, and model of your phone as well as the type of the flash memory card you are requesting. If you are not sure, ask CellTrust staff to assist you.
Some phones allow using flash memory cards to increase storage. Flash memory cards are ideal for storing picture, music, video, and any personal data files and can easily be used to transfer your information between compatible phones, just as USB drives are used for computers. The MicroSD flash memory card is used mainly in mobile handsets. They are usually sold with adapters that allow you to fit the same card in different devices (e.g., camera, computer, phone etc.)
- Mobile phone with flash memory
- A PC with flash memory reader (not required if you request a pre-loaded flash memory card from CellTrust)
- If you have NOT received a pre-loaded flash memory card from CellTrust, follow the steps below:
- Download the appropriate software from www.celltrust.com onto a PC. (See the download matrix below for the appropriate software.)
- Copy the software to flash memory card
- Insert the flash memory into your phone
- On the phone, navigate to the flash memory card. If you need help, consult the user guide for your handset or search the Internet on how to access files on MicroSD for your phone.
- Run the appropriate file to start installation. This file name could be SecureSMS.jad (for Java phones), SecureSMS.cab (for Windows Phones), SecureSMS.mif (for BREW phones) or SecureSMS.alx (for BlackBerry phones.) If you received a pre-loaded flash memory card from CellTrust, you may find that there is a directory for each Operating Systems/platform. Go to the appropriate directory for your phone.
- Double click on the appropriate file to start installation.
- Once installed, follow the registration instructions.
Always start with the Download Now page first. This page provides the latest compatibility information and the best installation methods for the phone.
If you cannot find your phone on the Download Now page (i.e., the carrier, manufacturer, or handset is not listed,) you may still download and install the SecureSMS Micro Client if you have:
- A data plan service
A data plan service (A data plan allows you to go to a web site using your phone's browser. To subscribe to a data plan, contact your carrier.)
- Supported operating systems/platform
- BlackBerry (http://www.rim.com/products/handhelds/index.shtml)
- Windows Phone (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile)
- J2ME (Java based phones that can run Java applications) that at least have MIDP-2 profile and CLDC-1 configuration. You may find a list of J2ME phones on this website (http://www.club-java.com/TastePhone/J2ME/MIDP_mobile.jsp).
The following table includes links to the SecureSMS installation files for download directly to your PC, and then installed on your phone by using a cable, Bluetooth, or copying onto a flash memory card:
|J2ME||Blackberry RIM||BREW||Windows Phone||Android||iPhone|
|Sprint||In Progress||Download||In Progress||Download|
|Outside US||Download||Download||Download||In Progress|